Professional and Expert Fire Door Inspection & Repair Baltimore.
Easter’s Lock & Security Solutions offer a professional and expert fire door inspection in Baltimore. Easter’s Lock & Security Solutions is an NFPA80 Certified full-service fire door company in Baltimore with several certified inspectors on staff serving all industries. Easter’s can inspect the doors in your facility, prepare a report detailing deficiencies, provide a written estimate, and make the necessary Fire Door Repair for the local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) with proof for your records.
Fire door inspections are required in Baltimore. In 2007, a modification was made to the NFPA80 Standard for fire doors and other Opening Protective which mandated an annual inspection of every fire door in a building. The reason for this change is that a very high percentage of fire door assemblies weren’t compliant and would not provide the protection during a fire that they were designed to insure.
The NFPA80 and Annual Inspection requires fire-rated doors to be tested for functionality (self-closing, latching, etc.) no less than annually, and a written record of the inspection be kept on file for the AHJ or Fire Marshall.
List of the Items That Must be Verified:
- No open holes or breaks exist in surfaces of either the door or frame.
- Glazing, vision light frames, and glazing beads are intact and securely fastened in place, if so equipped.
- The door, frame, hinges, hardware, and noncombustible threshold are secured, aligned, and in working order with no visible signs of damage.
- No parts are missing or broken.
- Door clearances at the door edge to the frame, on the pull side of the door, do not exceed clearances listed in 4.8.4 and 6.3.1.
- The self-closing device is operational, that is, the active door completely closes when operated from the full open position.
- If a coordinator is installed, the inactive leaf closes before active leaf.
- Latching hardware operates and secures the door when it is in the closed position.
- Auxiliary hardware items that interfere or prohibit operation are not installed on the door or frame.
- No field modifications to the door assembly have been performed that void the label.
- Gasketing and edge seals, where required, are inspected to verify their presence and integrity.
Fire Door regulation reporting and implementation can be daunting, if not overwhelming, for a building owner, manager, or engineer.
Let Easter’s Lock & Security Solutions take the headache out of your yearly required fire door testing report.
Easter’s Lock & Security Solutions will Provide the Following:
- Schedule your Yearly Inspection.
- Inspect your doors and furnish a report.
- Prepare a quote to repair any deficiencies your doors may have.
- Schedule the repairs if needed.
- File a report of repairs for the AHJ making your building or facility compliant.