Fire Door Inspections
Easter’s Lock & Security Solutions is a NFPA80 Certified full-service fire door company with several certified inspectors on staff serving all industries. Easter’s can inspect the doors in your facility, prepare a report detailing deficiencies, provide a written estimate, and make the necessary repairs for the local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) with proof for your records.
Fire door inspections are required in almost every U.S. State. In 2007, a modification was made to the NFPA80 Standard for fire doors and other Opening Protectives which mandated an annual inspection of every fire door in a building. The reason for this change is that a very high percentage of fire door assemblies weren’t compliant and would not provide the protection during a fire that they were designed to insure.
The NFPA80 and Annual Inspection requires fire-rated doors be tested for functionality (self-closing, latching, etc.) no less than annually and a written record of the inspection be kept on file for the AHJ or Fire Marshall.
List of the Items That Must be Verified:
- No open holes or breaks exist in surfaces of either the door or frame.
- Glazing, vision light frames, and glazing beads are intact and securely fastened in place, if so equipped.
- The door, frame, hinges, hardware, and noncombustible threshold are secured, aligned, and in working order with no visible signs of damage.
- No parts are missing or broken.
- Door clearances at the door edge to the frame, on the pull side of the door, do not exceed clearances listed in 4.8.4 and 6.3.1.
- The self-closing device is operational, that is, the active door completely closes when operated from the full open position.
- If a coordinator is installed, the inactive leaf closes before active leaf.
- Latching hardware operates and secures the door when it is in the closed position.
- Auxiliary hardware items that interfere or prohibit operation are not installed on the door or frame.
- No field modifications to the door assembly have been performed that void the label.
- Gasketing and edge seals, where required, are inspected to verify their presence and integrity.
Fire Door regulation reporting and implementation can be daunting, if not overwhelming, for a building owner, manager, or engineer.
Let Easter’s Lock & Security Solutions take the headache out of your yearly required fire door testing report.
Easter’s Lock & Security Solutions will Provide the Following:
- Schedule your Yearly Inspection.
- Inspect your doors and furnish a report.
- Prepare a quote to repair any deficiencies your doors may have.
- Schedule the repairs if needed.
- File a report of repairs for the AHJ making your building or facility compliant.