Just like the engine in your car, your combination lock is a temperamental mechanical device that can become dirty or worn with continued use. It highly is recommended that all combination locks be serviced every 2-3 years if the lock is used heavily.
The service of a combination lock entails that a safe technician disassembles the wheel pack, cleans the wheels and parts, replaces any worn parts, and lubricates the lock. This periodic servicing of your combination lock will result in a smoother, more reliable combination lock.
Indicators that it may be time to service your safe:
- The lock is tight and difficult to dial
- The lock combination changes over time
- The lock makes a ‘clicking’ sound when dialed
- The lock assembly is loose
- The lock attempts to wind back in the wrong direction
- The dial is crooked or unsteady
Need a Safe Servicing?
Fill out the form below or call us at 410-825-3535.